How to make a pretty pallet planter?
how to build a pallet planter
- Wearing hand and eye protection, cut the pallet into three equal pieces. …
- Remove the planks from the reverse sides of each piece. …
- Assemble the three pieces into the main sides of the planter, front, back, and bottom. …
- Using the smaller planks taken from the reverse side of the pallet, create the two short sides.
How to make a tall planter box from pallet wood?
- Pallet wood. I used two pallets for this project.
- Saw. A circular saw, miter saw, hand saw, table saw or oscillating tool will all work.
- Drill or impact driver. I use a countersink to make a pilot hole before using fasteners when working with pallet wood. …
- Hand tools. …
How to make a DIY planter?
How to make a wooden planter
- Mark and cut all the pieces of timber to the correct lengths, cutting the ends as squarely as possible for a smooth finish.
- Lay out two 100cm, 60cm and 40cm lengths to form the frame. …
- Cut treated gravel board to the appropriate lengths for the planter bottom. …
- Flip the frame over onto the other side so the bottom boards sit on the ground. …
How to build a DIY pallet garden?
- Select a Pallet. Find a good wooden pallet by looking around your local area or searching the internet and making a few calls.
- Clean Pallet. Once you have your pallet, you may need to make some adjustments to it prior to installing the planting pockets.
- Measure & Cut Pockets. …
- Install Landscaping Fabric. …
- Measure, Cut, & Install Back. …
Things You will Need
- Potting soil
- A nail puller hammer
- A hammer
- A jigsaw
- A screwdriver
- A wire cutter
- A mural stapler
Step 2. Cutting the pallet boards
Cut boards with the jigsaw in desired dimensions of the planter. For example, cut 6 boards of 60 cm in length for front and back of the planter and 6 boards of 35 cm for both sides of the planter. Cut another 3 boards in length of 60cm each to achieve the bottom.
Also, cut 4 small pads for the feet of the planter.
Gradually you will be able to make the rest of the planter by putting cleats to secure the sides with the bottom (see the photo above). Again, there are four vertical battens at the corners of the planter to secure the sides together.
Also Read: DIY Mini Greenhouse Ideas
And finally, the best part– Planting. But before this, check out the drainage and make it sufficient. Fill up the planter with potting soil and plant your favorite plants or sow seeds in your DIY pallet planter.