How to pick decorations for a fish tank?
Step 5: Wipe up the area surrounding the aquarium
- Premixed saltwater (or aquarium salt combined with reverse osmosis deionized water)
- A five-gallon bucket
- A refractometer or hydrometer (to measure salinity)
- A submersible heater
- A container with a powerhead (to circulate the water)
- A protein skimmer
What can I use to decorate my fish tank?
Method 1 Method 1 of 3: Using Unusual Tank Set-ups Download Article
- Convert old TV set in a fish tank. Using an unusual object to house your tank provides it with a lot of character right off the bat.
- Make a coffee or side table out of an aquarium. While you can buy one of these pre-made, they can be expensive.
- Transform a vintage bubble-gum machine into a fish tank. …
- Turn your bathroom into an aquarium. …
How to make fish tank at home ideas?
- Make sure the stuff you put in your aquarium does not affect the water negatively. Refrain using things that are painted or include toxic elements of any kind.
- Test the decorative stuff before adding it to aquarium décor. …
- Clean the décor item properly in order to remove any kind of contaminants.
How to make fish tank decorations at home?
- Pick a few pieces with a nautical theme to emphasize the fishiness of your tank.
- For a bit of class and whimsy, consider a few mismatched teacups and saucers, or even a whole teapot (if your tank is big enough).
- Mugs and other similar dishes can also create hiding places for your fish.
- You can find ceramics at most big box stores.
Click here for details.