How to style a mantel four ways?
Mantel Styling Formula #1: Classic Symmetry. The easiest way to create a stylish mantel is a symmetrical arrangement. Whatever you put on the left side of the mantel, you mirror exactly on the right side. Symmetry works for any mantel and style, but it’s especially suited to symmetrical rooms and formal spaces.
How to decorate a mantel for anytime of the year?
Mantel Decorating Ideas For Every Month of The Year
- Mantel Decorating Ideas For Every Month. Decorating your fireplace mantel is a great way to add character and interest to your home. …
- WINTER MANTEL DECORATING IDEAS. …
- SPRING MANTEL DECOR IDEAS. …
- SUMMER FIREPLACE DECORATING IDEAS. …
- FALL MANTEL DECORATING INSPIRATION. …
- HOLIDAY MANTEL & FIREPLACE IDEAS. …
How to build a custom fireplace mantel?
- Tape Measure
- Speed Square
- Circular Saw
- Brad Nailer or Hammer
- Orbital Sander
What to put on your mantel?
- breathing room at the end of the mantel. Just like with a piece of art, I would not place anything right on the edge. …
- avoid lots of ditzy small things.
- balanced symmetry is always the most pleasing. This does not mean identical twins necessarily left and right of center, but visually balanced.
- Careful editing. When in doubt. Leave it out!
Click here for details.