What are some ideas for decorating clay pots?
- Only squeeze out as much paint as you plan on using. …
- Pick colors based on the design scheme for your pot. For instance, if you’re painting a night sky on your container, use a dark navy or black paint.
- Metallics and bold colors are great color options for a clay pot.
How to decorate your plain clay pot in amazing ways?
- Remove any stickers or price tags.
- If you’re painting a terracotta pot, soak it in water for a few hours first. Scrub the entire thing with a stiff brush to get rid of dust or dirt. …
- Allow your flower pot to dry completely before painting.
How do you decorate a clay pot?
how do you decorate clay pots? You can decoupage or paint terra cotta flower pots. To prepare the pots, you should smooth the pot with sandpaper, seal the pot if using outside, then apply acrylic craft paint or spray paint, OR decoupage with Modge Podge . Find more information on decorating clay pots HERE .
What can you do with a clay pot?
clay pot crafts
- clay pot fairy garden
- DIY Gumball Machine
- Clay Pot Turtle
- clay pot light house
- decoupage flower pots
- Colorful Clay Planters
- DIY Galaxy Flower Pot
- Pineapple Air Plant Holder
- clay pot critters
- DIY Flowerpot Bird-Feeder
1. Clay Pot Wreath
Make a clay pot wreath out of clay or terracotta pots. Follow this tutorial.
3. Clay Pot Lighthouse
Make a clay pot lighthouse if you have a few pots that you are not using. Read the complete article on Ehow.com.
5. DIY Birdfeeder
Make a bird feeder to attract and feed birds. A useful step by step DIY article is here.
7. DIY Candle Planter
Make something unusual for your home and garden. Create a potted candle planter with the help of this tutorial on Family Chic.
9. DIY Vertical Herb Planter
Buy a few terracotta pots and arrange them above each other. A step by step guide is here.
11. Mosaic Birdbath
If you have a broken pot you can create an alluring fairy garden in it. Read our post to find out how to make it.
14. DIY Garden Mushroom
Decorate your garden with these colorful pot mushrooms. To find out how you can do this, visit Birds & Blooms